Thursday, April 2, 2009

My new workplace

I actually reported to Hospital Serdang on the 10th of March, but was deferred until yesterday. I didn't know there are so many forms to fill in Hospital Serdang. Anyway, I was told that I have to go to the Admin office first to get some application papers for the ID card as well as to access the computer system in the Hospital. Getting the ID card was a breeze and it took less than 5 minutes and the ID card is also the punch card for me to clock in and clock out as well as the access card into the lab. The clock-in and clock-out take immediate effect and the door access is supposed to work after 24 hours, but unfortunately until today, I still cannot access into the lab and have to have someone to zang me in.
They put in-charge of the Histopatology and Cytology lab. In the first place, I have never worked in a hospital before, and worst still in Histopatology and Cytology which I have no knowledge at all. And the smell of formalin eventhough is slight is giving me a headache. I hope it will passed. I ask most of staff, they also have the same problem and then disappeared maybe in 1 or 2 months, I think when one is immune to it.
Today, I got my User ID and password to access the computer. And the funny thing is, they never ask what user ID we would like to use but instead they gave at their discretion, which is just part of my name. So, I called and ask whether they can change it or not, but it seems the system cannot delete any data and so they cannot make a new one. I tried to change my password just now, but it does not allow me. I will try again tomorrow. Will put in some pics after I rearrange my room, maybe next week when everything is settled.

No comments: